A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 14 October 2019

Reindeer in Birch Trees

It's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and I had a wonderful turkey dinner with a big group of friends yesterday.  Today I cleaned up my vegetable garden and put my garden furniture away - always sad to see summer truly at an end, but I'm looking forward to more crafty indoor time.  After the work in the garden, I hit the craft room and made this card:


The blue background is a piece of faux mother of pearl from my box of backgrounds.  I die cut the reindeer out of brown cs and sponged some light brown on his chest and belly, and some dark brown on his antlers.  It was a great chance to use my new birch trees die to layer over the background.

For two challenges:

Christmas Kickstart "Woodland Creatures"

52 Christmas Card Throwdown:









Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Paper Rose birch trees die, Dee's Distinctively reindeer die



9 comments:

  1. Oh yum, yum. We have to wait till the end of next month for our Thanksgiving but it's always worth the wait! It's time here too to put away the patio furniture. So sad. Your card is so pretty and the background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the faux mother of pearl designs. This is gorgeous with your new birch tree die and your beautiful deer.

    We had our family Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday as well. LOVE the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a graceful looking deer and he looks so dashing in the forest of birches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful composition, Susan and love the hint of sparkle in your background, must like a bit of sunlight shining though. Love the bit of shading you did on the deer too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very serene image Susan, your faux MOP background is beautiful. Sounds like you had a nice thanksgiving with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic look with never fails to impress. Perfect in these colours. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely day! Love your card, your colour combo and scene are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful and one eye catching card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these look absolutely gorgeous. Love your clasic winter card.
    Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.