A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 27 September 2018

The Great Outdoors

Today I have a card for a few challenges:

The Male Room - "The Great Outdoors"


52 Christmas Card Throwdown - "Colouring"


Penny Black - "Creative Christmas Challenge"


I used Jill Foster's technique seen in this video.

I put the image in the MISTI and coloured the different parts of the image with various small Distress inks (in the video, Jill Foster uses Distress markers - either are fine). When all was stamped, I restamped it all with Versamark and heat embossed in clear. That way I had a resist for sponging the sky, the sunset, and the snow.

I made a small sentiment banner out of kraft cs and mounted the panel on fun foam on a kraft card base.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black image and sentiment
Ink - various small Distress inks, Versamark
Paper -  kraft and white cs
Size - A6
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam



11 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan! This looks amazing! Your inking and stamping is flawless. It looks so realistic. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ....your card looks stunning. Great technique and the most wonderful stamp and fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVE this beautiful, icy winter scene, Susan. There is defintely a chill in the air! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all time favorite stamps and love how you did this. I find that technique SO much fun. You created such a vibrant sky. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love that clear, crisp blue sky that makes this scene look so chilly! It almost looks like a photograph! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one of my favorite stamps, amazing job with the colouring and blending Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card almost looks like a photograph, Susan! Your stamping is so crisp and clean that the branch details show very well. Love your coloring and sponging too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used the technique to such great effect - stunning card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at TMR challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I saw this in the challenge and thought you had made a card out of a photograph, what amazing colouring and work. Stunning. Thank you so much for joining us in our The Great Outdoors challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic male card :-)) I like your colouring and winter scene.
    Thank you for join us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing you the next time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning card! Really great scene. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.