A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 20 September 2018

Is Tobogganing a Sport?

The new Paper Players challenge is "Sports".


Since I need to make lots of Christmas cards, I went with a winter sport - tobogganing.  Got my card made, and then found myself wondering if tobogganing is actually a sport - too late now if it's not, the card is made and here to be posted.


A quick card to make - stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, and bordered with red and green to match the bears' scarves.






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Arctic Antics
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper; red, green, and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die



9 comments:

  1. Such a fun CAS card and if Tobogganing isn't a sport then it should be! x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card in festive Christmas colours. According to Mr. Google, ‘tobogganing is the sport of sliding down snow-covered slopes and artificial-ice-covered chutes on a runnerless sled called a toboggan’... so you nailed the challenge. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought of tobogganing as a winter sport! What a fun Christmas card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable image and love the festive framing of it. If bob sledding is an Olympic sport than so is tobogganing! I'd definitely say it fits the challenge perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable Susan. Those polar bears are having a great time! I think tobogganing is definitely a sport! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun CAS Christmas card, Susan! The bears are just adorable! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think toboganning is absolutely a sport Susan - it involves movement and fun, that's enough for me! How cute are those polar bears?! A perfect CAS Christmas card - I love it! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...toboganning is a sport in my book! And what an adorable card to celebrate it! Those polar bears look like they are having the time of their lives! Clean and cute! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, this card is so FUN! I love the expression on the bears faces! LOL SO glad you joined my challenge this week at The Paper Players! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.