A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Black, White, and Red

Less is More's Color Challenge really appeals to me:


I love adding one bright colour to black and white.  For this card, I chose red.


I stamped and heat embossed the image (it's a negative image) in black on coated cs. Then I lightly sprinkled red brushos over it and spritzed with water.

I die cut with an oval, and put fun foam on the back of it. Then inlaid that in a black oval frame and added it to a die cut stitched rectangle that I splattered with a bit of black ink. It's popped up on fun foam.

It's for a friend who loves red and black together.





Supplies:
Stamps - Carabelle "Background Papillons"
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - coated cs, white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red brushos, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders oval dies, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Susan! Love the black embossing and the way the red brushos colored the white! Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is so artsy, Susan! Love this eclectic style and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with this. It's so unique and creative. It grabbed my attention immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool negative stamp image! The vibrant red Brushos is dramatic and a standout. Beautiful card with wonderful dimensions . Thank you for joining us at Less is More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Susan! The red really pops with the black and white background. The perfect stamp for adding brushos to the positive parts of the image. I have a stamp like that and haven't figured out how to use it ... now I know! Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I love that background stamp, the red pops through so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this arty/grungey make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibrant and artsy and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Susan! love the black embossed image with all the red showing through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! I love the artistic look and the burst of red hues. The image really pops from the black frame. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.