A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Circles

A card for a couple of challenges:

AAA Cards' Sketch Challenge:


SCS CAS Challenge "Call Me Maybe" - use something related to a phone on your project... a phone, multiple numbers, a circle (in honor of the rotary phone), a bell (in honor of Alexander Graham Bell).  I went with circles as I have no phone images.


To make the background, I started by spraying a piece of mixed media paper with spray starch. Then I sprinkled with orange, red, and yellow Brushos. I scrunched a piece of cling wrap over the top and left it to dry for a few hours.

I cut a circle from my background the size of my stitched starry frame, layered them, heat embossed a sentiment in the centre, popped it up on fun foam on a gold die cut circle, and added it all to a square white card base.

Thanks for stopping by!






Supplies:
Stamps - Judith sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - mixed media, gold, white, and glossy cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - white embossing powder, Brushos (orange, red, yellow), spray starch, cling wrap, Ali Express stitched circle die, Spellbinders circle dies, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. LOVE the warm autumn colours of your background Susan. Great use of the star die-cut and perfect with the thank you being white heat embossed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is gorgeous, Susan! Love your colors as well as the wonderful star die cut. I love how bright and cheerful this is. Your card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are beautiful, Susan! I love how the white circle with stars pops on the oranges. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Brusho background is gorgeous and such a wonderful contrast with the white circle and stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I love your red and oragne background, it looks as though it's on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous circle handmade background with your die cut stars and mounted on a square card. Very creative, Susan. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous textured cling wrap background. The white die cut stars pop beautifully against it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background technique and love the warm colours you've used. Great take on the 'phone' challenge too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is bold and unique, Susan. I love the die cut. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.