A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, 3 September 2026

Sentiment Sticker with Snowflakes and the Sport of Show Jumping

First up for Jingle Belles - use Christmas stickers, whether images or sentiments.  The challenge reminded me that I have a lot of stick-on sentiments that I never use so pulled them out of a dusty drawer and used one on this card.

I used a round gelli plate, various snowflake stamps, and various shades of blue ink for the background.The gold snowflakes were stamped and heat embossed once the gelli plate print was dry.  I used a gold sentiment sticker to tie in to the gold snowflakes.  I must remember to use those stickers more often!

And then a non-Christmas card for The Sisterhood of Crafters "Sports".   I went with the sport of show jumping!

 
The image is by a well known British cartoonist, Thelwell, who did wonderful cartoons of very naughty ponies and small children.  
 
It's stamped and coloured with coloured pencils, and then I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the water the pony is about to jump into (or the child is going to fall into!).  I've stamped Happy Birthday inside it and I'm giving it to a good friend who is an avid rider.

 

Please Grab Our Badge!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - various snowflake stamps
Ink - gold and various blue inks
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gelli plate, gold embossing powder, gold sentiment sticker

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Isobel Craft Collection Thelwell stamps
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and kraft cs
Size - 5.75x5"
Accessories - coloured pencils, Nuvo Crystal Glaze
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.