A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 19 September 2026

Candy Canes with Pine Branches

Peace on Earth challenge has a very delicious-looking mood board.  I chose the bottom right image for my inspiration.

I stamped the image and sentiment on watercolour paper, and then watercoloured it with regular watercolour paints on most of it, but shimmer watercolour paints on the ornaments and ribbon.  I trimmed the panel with a rectangle die, bordered it with metallic gold cs, and added it to an off-white card base.

There's lots of other tasty-looking inspiration from the rest of the Peace on Earth Design Team.  Take a look at our mood board and see if it inspires you to join us.
 



It's also being entered in Sparkles Christmas Challenge "include something sweet".

Please take a copy of our badge 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous candy canes, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, dull gold metallic cs, off-white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, metallic watercolour paints, rectangle die

5 comments:

  1. Love the big candy canes, this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant and beautiful Christmas card Susan, and I love the image with the foliage and candy canes, and the pretty gold baubles and gold edged ribbon and also a coordinating gold matted layer. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful watercolouring of this darling image, Susan. I love the gold ornaments and framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Susan! Love the image and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, love that soft water coloring! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.