A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Background Blues and Window, Wreath, Wood

The second card is for AAA Colourful which has a colour board of shades of blue.  We can use any of the shades we like - I went with the paler ones and tried to get a similar swirly blend of colours as on the colour board.

The background is a blend of blue acrylic paints on mixed media cs.  I used rustic white cs for the die cut panel and the card base, and stamped the sentiment in dark blue.

My other card is for Tic Tac Toe.  I picked the diagonal line that reads woodgrain, free, and die cut.

I made a small wreath with various green dps and the Martha Stewart pine branch punch. I put some pearl embellishments on it. Then layered it on a die cut window and a piece of wood grain cs. I used a square green card base and added a small vertical sentiment.

  www.tictactoechallenge.com








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Twilight
Paper - mixed media cs, rustic white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - unknown die, blue acrylic paints 

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Frayed Burlap
Paper - wood grain cs, white cs, various green dps
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Martha Stewart pine branch punch, window die, pearl embellishments

6 comments:

  1. The holly and snowflake aperture is lovely Susan and the background mix of blue acrylic paints behind it are very pretty, and your wreath is a beauty using different green dps to achieve a lovely effect and it looks great over the window and the woodgrain background. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely Christmas cards Susan. Beautiful soft mix of colours for the background of your first card. So pretty with the die-cut holly and greenery over top. Your layered wreath looks fabulous hung over the window. Lovely design with the wooden background. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that snowflake card! Thanks for joining us at AAA Colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautful use of the colourboard. Thanks for playing at AAA Colourful, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, Susan! The Door Wreath is attractive. Thanks for joining us at TTT this round and playing with my block. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.