A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 10 October 2024

Two Non-Christmas Cards

You all know how my main focus is Christmas cards but I've just made a bunch of them for SCS Falliday Fest challenges as I'm hosting one of the challenges coming up Oct 17 and also made samples for some of the other challenges.  So if you're a SCS member, be sure to head over and check out the challenges - four new ones posted each day from Oct 10 - 19.

So I decided to take a break and make two non-Christmas cards.  There are a bunch of great autumn-themed challenges out on blogland so I made this card for these ones: Try It On Tuesday "Autumn Magic", Stamping Sensations "Autumn Colours", My Time to Craft "Autumn Season Colors", The Four Seasons Challenge "Fall", and AAA Card Challenge "Autumn".  I'm also linking up to Addicted to CAS "Masculine".


Stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with a label die, and popped up on fun foam on a kraft card base.  I went over the berries with Glossy Accents.

The Paper Players' challenge is "Love is in the Air" so I'm entering this card:

The heart was done in a hot foiling machine and was not totally successful - it's missing quite a lot of the gold foil.  But I quite like it anyway as it has kind of a distressed look.  I popped it up on fun foam on a square I embossed with the SU Subtle folder.  Added it to a white card base and die cut the word "love" from red glitter paper.

Pop this on your blog to find us fast!  Please grab our logo My Time To Craft!

Please Grab Our Badge  Grab our Badge!  







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta leaves and berries, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - kraft cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix die, foam tape, watercolour paints, Glossy Accents

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - white cs, red glitter cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Glimmer gold foil, SU Subtle embossing folder, Great Expressions Decorative Heart die, Tim Holtz sentiment die


10 comments:

  1. Susan, this is fantastic. If you'd never said, I would have assumed you'd set out to make this gorgeous distressed heart! It's a showstopper, I think. Then the subtle embossing and striking red die cut just clinch the deal. Thank you for joining in with my theme challenge at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... the incomplete foiling really worked on this card! All my foiling attempts looked like this (though I didn't save mine as well as you saved yours!). I recently got a Gina K FUSE machine and foiling has been flawless every time, and it doesn't require a huge investment in plates. From the small gallery, I thought you had made a shaker with gold glitter. Yes, your card works! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colours of those gorgeous leaves on your first card. The berries look awesome with the glossy accents to give them shine and dimension. And your distressed foiled heart is fantastic! Two great cards Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards! I love Fall most of all ;-) Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely sentiment to compliment the Autumnal image, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping Autumn challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaat?… seeing non-christmas cards was quite the surprise. Just like your Christmas cards these are both beautiful. I especially love your distressed foiled heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely autumnal tag with such pretty leaves and berries Susan, and some lovely words too, and then the partially gold foiled heart with the ornate edge which looks great, and finished with the super red glitter paper die cut sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are so beautifully done, thanks so much for sharing at the Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful autumnal card and a lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.