A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 26 October 2024

One of Many Birds and Monochrome Sympathy

Shopping our Stash is asking to see our birds - and boy, do I have a lot of bird stamps!!  For this card, I used one of my older ones that is still a favourite.  I'm also adding it to the Inkspirational challenge "Seasonal".


A very CAS card and quick to make - stamped, watercoloured the berries dark red, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, bordered with dark red, popped up on fun foam, and Glossy Accents added to the berries.

And for My Time to Craft "Monochrome":

I masked off a rectangle on my focal panel and sponged from three corners first with the lighter ink, then the darker. I stamped the leaves and text with second generation stamping, and then stamped the sentiment with full strength ink.  It's popped up on fun foam on an embossed background.







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Magenta chickadee, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white and red cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - red watercolour paint, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Glossy Accents, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Very Versailles, unknown sentimen
Ink - various aqua / turquoise Distress inks
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - textured embossing folder, fun foam


3 comments:

  1. The bird is so pretty Susan and I love the deep red berries and complementary background card, and the gloss on the berries too, and the blue monochrome sympathy card is perfect with the partially inked background, and the beautiful leaves and a lovely sentiment to finish. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two excellent cards and beautiful coloring and sponging, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Sympathy card and thanks for entering it into the challenge at NTTC, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.