A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 14 October 2024

The Word "Christmas" and Autumn Colours

A couple of cards for today - a dreary pouring-with-rain day here in Vancouver.  So a perfect day to spend in my craft room before I go out for Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house.

For Sparkles Christmas Challenge ("use the word Christmas on your project") and Word Power (the sentiment is the focus of the card):


I die cut the SSS Holiday Frame out of dark gold cs and layered it over a background created by sprinkling Shabby Blue embossing enamel over a piece of cs and heating it from underneath so that it didn't blow off.  It's a nice mix of fine blue sparkly particles and larger white and gold particles.  I added a gold star and put the whole panel on fun foam on the card base to create some dimension.

Next up, using autumn colours of orange and brown for The Paper Players' colour challenge:


I smooshed a piece of watercolour paper in some Distress orange and brown inks. I got a really nasty section on one area so decided to tear the panel down one edge and get rid of the nasty section.

I die cut a poppy out of off white shimmer cs and out of some scrap cs, glued them together for more dimension, glued it on the smooshed panel, and wrapped with twine.

I debated adding a vertical sentiment but it would have been squished so left it blank - I can add a sentiment inside if I need to.

Please take a copy of our badge  Please share our Blog Badge








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - white cs, dark gold shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SSS Holiday Frame, star die, Stampendous Shabby Blue embossing enamel

Supplies for card 2:
Ink - Distress oranges and browns
Paper - off white cs, off white shimmer cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box poppy die, twine

4 comments:

  1. The blue embossing enamel makes an interesting sky and love the gold for the Holiday Frame and the star, and then the shades of orange and brown ink used on the smooshed card which looks great torn and with the added white poppies and twine..love the gold running through it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting rid of the 'nasty section' was good fortune as it gave a really interesting torn edge! The smooshed panel is a great way to show off that lovely die cut. Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Players. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this background you created. The torn edge adds so much texture. The white poppies are lovely! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, that's a fabulous background you made for your glorious die! I love the combo of the sparkles and the gold - so pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.