A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 October 2024

Pink Christmas for the Cure

Every year at this time, Stephanie and Lauren of the Jingle Belles Christmas Card Challenge donate $2 each for every card that is entered in their "Pink Christmas for the Cure" challenge.  Here's my card:

I used a new technique I saw in a challenge on SCS - Finger Painting with a MISTI.  For details, see this video.

I put the stamp in my MISTI and used my index fingertip to add various Distress and Memento inks to the stamp, stamping in between applications of colour.  I lost some of the definition of the smaller petals so went around them with a coloured pencil to put back the definition.  I trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangle, added a sentiment, bordered with a dark green speckled cs, and added some gold liquid pearls to the centre of the poinsettia and some glossy accents to the berries.

I encourage you to make a pink Christmas card and link up with Jingle Belles before October 23rd.









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, unknown sentiment
Ink - Distress Picked Raspberry, Memento Rose Bud, Lady Bug, Northern Pine
Paper - watercolour paper, dark green speckled cs, off-white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Lil Inker stitched rectangle, gold Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents, coloured pencil

3 comments:

  1. Oooo ... I must try that technique ... it produced such a fabulous result ... so very glad you went PINK for a Cure with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poinsettia is beautiful Susan, and love the idea of using a finger to paint the ink onto the stamp, and the effect looks wonderful, and finished beautifully with the gloss on the berries and the gold liquid pearls for the centre of the flower, and a lovely sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic technique that I'm so glad you shared! Love your poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.