A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 28 October 2024

Glitter on Acetate

The Group of Seven Cardmakers are trying out painting with glitter on acetate.  Our website suggests two different methods.  I chose the one described in this video and made this card:

I stamped and heat embossed the flowers on the front of the acetate.  I stamped with StazOn which normally can't be used with embossing powder as it dries too fast, but on acetate it dries more slowly.

Then working from the back, I used a clear-drying glue and glitter to colour the poppies.

When you first turn it over, it just looks like white blobs of glue from the front - it needs a few hours for the glue to completely dry and turn clear, and then you can see your lovely colours of glitter.

I die cut three layers of the frame, glued two of them together and glued the acetate layer on top of them, and then added the third one to frame it.  This raises it slightly from the card base and gives a bit more of a see-through quality to it.

If you're interested in getting covered in glitter (as I was) and making a glittery mess of your craft desk (ha ha), please give one of our techniques a try and link it up at Group of Seven and inspire us some more!







Supplies:

Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - StazOn Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - acetate, glitter, MFT pierced dot frame

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan!! LOVE the two-tone colours of your lovely flowers. Glitter is definitely messy to work with, but so worth the clean-up when you end up with a gorgeous card like yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great floral stamp with the sweet little baubles on the stems Susan! Great job stamping/embossing and glittering! It looks lovely in the layered white framing! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.