A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 24 October 2024

Stencilled Poinsettias and Tower Bridge

Sneaking in under the wire for the Flower Challenge "Add a Stencil"!  I used a poinsettia stencil and let it be the focus of the card.

I used Magical Powders, mixed with a bit of water and applied with small sponge daubers.  They give a wonderful shimmer - much better in real life.  I trimmed the panel, bordered it with red and green shimmery cs, wrapped cream coloured ribbon around it, added a sentiment to the top of the ribbon, and added the whole lot to a cream shimmer card base.

For a change of pace, I've made a card for a friend who loves travelling - he's heading off to England.  I'm entering it at Cardz 4 Guyz  "T is for ....".  I went with travel and Tower Bridge.

The focal panel was made by smooshing with blue Distress Oxide inks, then stamping the image of Tower Bridge and the London text stamp on it, bordering with black cs, and popping it up on fun foam on a background of blue speckled dp.

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - gold ink
Paper - cream cs, cream shimmer cs, light red and light green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz poinsettia stencil, cream ribbon, sentiment banner die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unbranded stamps
Ink - various blue Distress Oxide inks, Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and black cs, blue dp
Size - A2
Accessories - fun foam


5 comments:

  1. clever the way you interprate T , thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at C4Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stencilled poinsettias are so bright and pretty Susan, and the added ribbon with the sentiment strip on top looks great, and what a wonderful stamped image of Tower Bridge with the London text to the side, and over a beautiful blue smooshed background and love the blue speckled paper as the base layer..a brilliant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I can only imagine the shimmery goodness on your card! I have never thought to use Magical Pwders for stenciling but you've inspired me to do so. Thanks so much for beating the wire and joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful stenciled poinsettia, having seen it IRL it is beautifully shimmery, and I love the travel theme of your masculine card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect "T" card, Susan! Just got back for travelling about in Europe. Next time London. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.