A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 1 July 2024

A Musical Angel and a Hexagonal Card

The ABC Christmas Challenge wants "M for Music" and My Time to Craft Christmas wants "Music for Christmas".  I've gone with an angel playing a trumpet.

I stamped and heat embossed the image in gold, fussy cut it, layered it over some DP, and added a die cut sentiment.

My twofer today is for Jingle Belles "Shaped Card" (anything other than a square or rectangle) and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Color an Image".  I went with a hexagonal card and coloured the robin with markers.  This card is a CASE of something I saw elsewhere so cannot take credit for the overall idea.

To create the card base, I used stitched hexagon dies and joined them at the top with a cs hinge.  

I cut a third large hexagon to create my design on.  To create the outer border, I stamped the holly branches with green ink, using first, second, and third generation stamping.  Then added the pine branches with brown ink.  I coloured the holly berries with a red Posca paint pen marker.

I stamped the robin image in the centre and coloured it with markers.  Then with a smaller stitched hexagon die, I die cut the centre out.  Then glued the remaining part of the large hexagon to the front layer of the card base I'd created earlier.  I used the same small die to cut another small hexagon from scrap cs, set that one in the opening, and then added the one with the robin on the top of it.  This gave it a bit of dimension.

I finished by going over all the holly berries with Glossy Accents.

    

 My Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Deep Red
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - off white cs, unknown dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - gold embossing powder, Penny Black joy die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Lavinia holly branch and pine branch stamps
Ink - Versafine Clair Shady Lane and Pine Cone
Paper - white cs
Size - to fit in a 6" envelope
Accessories - hexagonal stitched dies, markers, Glossy Accents


6 comments:

  1. Very elegant CAS card with the angel - thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angel card looks vintage and is so beautiful, Susan. The bird with holly border is lovely with the hexagon shape. Great work on both cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That classical angel image looks beautiful gold embossed and the starry gold dp makes the perfect background Susan, and I do love a Christmas card with a robin, and this is such a pretty shape and the border of holly leaves, berries and pinecone branches frames this cute robin terrifically. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great cards, your angel is so classic for Christmas and I love the shape of your hexagon card it really frames the Robin so beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, both of these are fabulous but of course I'm bound to say that gorgeous hexagon has won my heart! So pleased you could "Get in SHAPE" with us at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your angel on the first card Susan, so pretty embossed in gold and adhered over the star DP - and what a wonderful wreath you created with your stamping and 2nd stamping around the hexagon- a beautiful frame for the little bird sitting happily on it's branch! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.