A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 July 2024

Blue Christmas for Peace on Earth

Blue is my favourite colour so I immediately knew which images on the new Peace on Earth mood board (see at end of my post) would inspire this card:


I chose a stamp I've never used before as it had both the candle for the top right hand image and ornaments and a poinsettia for the bottom left hand image.  I used both the pale blues of the candle image and the rich royal blues of the other image.

I stamped my image and sentiment in dark blue ink.  Then watercoloured the image with regular watercolours for the candle, greenery, and poinsettia, and shimmer watercolours for the ornaments and tiny stars.  I trimmed the panel with a label die.

I created the background by using glitter paste through a snowflake stencil on dark blue shimmer cs.  The candle image is popped up on it on fun foam.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:



There is lots of other inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  Please join us!  I'm curious to see how many of you enter with something inspired by the blue images like me or choose to go with the red and green Christmas plaid.  Or of course you can opt for an "anything Christmas" card.  

I'm also entering this card in the NBUS "Never Before Used Stuff" challenge as it's the first time the candle stamp and the "snow angel" glitter paste were used.  And also the Stencil Fun Challenge "Shades of Blue".

Grab our badge to display on your blog.   LOVE to have you SHARE our BADGE







Supplies:
Stamps - unknown candle stamp, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Twilight
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs, dark blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - PaperArtsy snowflake stencil, Crafter's Companion "Snow Angel" glitter paste, watercolour paints, Sizzix label die, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. I love shades of blue and this is gorgeous Susan with the added glitter paste snowflake detail on the beautiful blue background, and then the prettily coloured image, and such a wonderful die cut shape to display it on. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW this is so pretty and yes, awesome take on the mood board! Gee ... I wonder what inspired you the most? LOL Awesome card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Susan. LOVE your gorgeous new stamp that looks amazing painted in blue. And those glitter snowflakes in the background add so much sparkle and shine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inspired by the schparkly pasted snowflakes, Susan! I really, really need to stop neglecting my poor pastes as they slowly dry up.😟 The monochrome blues work beautifully for this pretty image! Thank you, too, for linking again to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty image and the background is breathtaking, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.