A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 July 2024

Nordic Christmas Card

Peace on Earth has a red, white, and blue themed mood board for its first July challenge.  I was inspired by the many images in the top right photo to use my still unopened Tim Holtz Nordic Winter die, and of course I did it in red, white, and blue.


The die is really fun to use but very time-consuming.  I cut it three times - once in blue shimmer cs for the main panel, once in white shimmer cs, and once in red cs.  I had to poke out all the little bits, then glued the blue panel to a white shimmer card base, then inset the red houses and birds, and the white reindeer, trees, and stars.  For random deer, trees, and houses, I put the blue one back in first and stacked the white or red one on top to give some dimension here and there.  Fortunately I love doing jigsaw puzzles so I enjoyed the process of doing this!  I have lots of little bits leftover so will definitely do more with this die to use them up!

Head on over to Peace on Earth to see how the rest of the Design Team interpreted the mood board (or maybe skipped it and made an unrelated Christmas card).  Then come and join us with your creation.

I'm also linking this card up with the Shopping our Stash challenge to use NBUS (never before used stuff - I'd never used this die before), with the NBUS Challenge, and with the Colorful Options challenge to use the colours of a flag (I was born in England and my card has the colours of the Union Jack - the British flag - and also the colours of many other flags).

   Grab Our Badge! 

   Grab our badge to display on your blog.








Supplies:
Paper - red cs, white shimmer cs, blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz Nordic Winter die

7 comments:

  1. great card Susan, I love that die and the red white and blue inlays ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have taken quite a bit of time cutting out and then reassembling to make this beautiful card Susan which looks great with the blue as a background on the white card, and the white inset images with just a few in red. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Tim Holtz die!! Way to go shopping your stash and playing with your NBUS die. We are glad you joined the fun and played along with our "never been used stuff" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS525

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this really appeals to my jigsaw / paper-piecing heart, Susan! It's a lot of work, but good therapy, too, and a fun way to pass the time in the heat. Not to mention, it's so pretty! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Great to see you this morning. Hope it cools off for all of us soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you hung in there with the Tim Holtz Nordic dye. All the layering and adding the little bits back into your care are well worth it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card and such a fabulous die, you certainly nailed this challenge with all of that paper piecing time consuming but really worth it. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Colorful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, fab use of red, white and blue for winter holiday and of course a beautiful use for that NBUS die set! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.