A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 June 2024

Christmas Rose for Peace on Earth

Peace on Earth has a lovely mood board for the new challenge.  The minute I saw the Christmas rose floral arrangement in the bottom right photo, I knew I wanted to pull out a really old stamp I have.

I stamped in dark green and watercoloured it on watercolour paper, then trimmed into a rectangle, then used one of the Simon Says Stamps thin frames dies to take out a thin rectangle frame.  I used the same thin frames die to cut a frame out of dark copper cs and inserted it into the gap in the watercolour paper.  I mounted that onto a dark green rectangle, cut out with a hemstitch die, and layered that onto a dark copper card base.

While I had the stamp out, I had stamped the image twice.  The card below is the one I made first - much more CAS and with more muted watercolouring.  But I didn't feel I'd captured the richness of the image on the mood board so for the second card (the one above), I aimed for more intense colours and more layers and added in the copper cs to reflect the copper pot on the mood board.

But I do also like this more muted, more CAS version:


I stamped it in a really dark green, watercoloured, trimmed with a hemstitch rectangle die, and mounted on a green card base.

We'd love to see something you create inspired by our mood board or an "anything Christmas" card.  Check out the cards by the rest of the Design Team over at Peace on Earth.











Supplies:
Stamps - Stampin' Up
Ink - dark green ink
Paper - watercolour paper, dark green cs, mid green cs, copper shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders hemstitch rectangle die, SSS thin frames rectangle die

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful duo, but I like your second muted version a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for awesome holiday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous I love the effect of a sketched watercolour x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards and I just adore this pretty Christmas Rose Stamp Susan and it looks so different on each of the different backgrounds. I love the darker green with the copper and the stronger colour on the flowers, and then the blue green card on the second with the greens used reflecting the more blue tone just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamp is special and you've created two beautiful cards, the more muted really caught my eye ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are absolutely beautiful, love the pretty brightness of the first one but also the softness of the second, great inspiration showing how a stamp can be used in creatively different ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both versions are beautiful, Susan! I love how you were able to get two very different looks with the same stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so pretty, Susan, and that first one with the copper really reflects the mood board. My favorite, however, is the soft and CASlicious second version! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.