A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 19 June 2024

A Christmas Candle and a Sympathy Card

The Color Throwdown Challenge wants red, blue, and green on a card.  I went with making a Christmas card.


I stamped and heat embossed in platinum, watercoloured with red, blue, and green (including a white shimmer watercolour paint for the candle), popped up on fun foam on a green card base, and added red, green, and blue gemstones to the ends of the twirly lines.

The Paper Players want a CAS sympathy card.

I inked up the flower with two mini Memento ink pads, spritzed very lightly, and stamped. I trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam on the embossed background.

 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Jofy candle, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold
Paper - watercolour paper, green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - platinum embossing powder, watercolour paints, fun foam, coloured gems

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Love and Sympathy flower, PTI sentiment
Ink - Memento Sweet Plum, Bamboo Leaves, and Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU embossing folder, fun foam

6 comments:

  1. I love this Jofy stamp and you have coloured the candle, baubles and holly really beautifully Susan and looks great over the green card, and then the pretty embossed frame with the single flower placed in the centre is perfect for a sympathy card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting a great start on Christmas cards and this is a great one. The sympathy card is simple and heartfelt with the pretty embossed panel and beautiful iris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is perfect for our CAS challenge! I love that embossing folder and the simplicity of your card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan your CAS iris makes for a lovely sympathy card and the embossed frame is a fabulous detail, without overwhelming. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sympathy card is CAS perfection! Lovely floral image, lovely embossing, a lovely card all-round! Thanks for participating in my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards, you reminded me to pull out my Jofy candle stamp :). Your sympathy card is so pretty and perfectly CAS ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.