A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 10 June 2024

Blue and Aqua

People who follow my blog regularly will know that my favourite colour is blue.  Today I've got two cards with different shades of blue.

First up, for the Triple B Challenge which require birds, butterflies, or blooms and this month has a gorgeous blue mood board. 

A very CAS card - I stamped and heat embossed the flower and sentiment in white on black cs, then painted the flower with Posca paint pens.  Then mounted on a white card base.

Here's the Triple B mood board.  You can see I was inspired by the left and right hand images.

I then went on to the Colorful Options Challenge "Aqua".

I first sprayed the background with 3 different blue Lindy's sprays on mixed media cs. Then stamped the collage image over it. From a leftover sprayed piece, I die cut the solid base of the butterfly. The lacy top of the butterfly is out of blue shimmer cs.

Here's the Colorful Options mood board.  


Loved making these cards but I really need to get back to Christmas cards as I'm behind on the numbers I like to get made by June!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Visible Image
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, blue and green Posca paint pens

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - PaperArtsy leaf/script stam
Ink - Versafine Clair Twilight
Paper - blue shimmer, mixed media, and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - 3 different Lindy's sprays (Baby Blue Eyes, Buccaneer Bay Blue, Mystic Malachi), Sizzix butterfly die

5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful blue cards Susan. I LOVE the first card using that fabulous flower for Visible Image. Gorgeous against the black too. Great colouring with your Posca pens! The aqua card is so pretty ... one of my favourite shades of blue. The collage stamp is a lovely place for the butterfly to land. Great work, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. two gorgeous cards, I have that visible image stamp and still haven't taken it out of the package. Your second card, is so sparkly with the lindy's sprays, the stamp and butterfly is a perfect addition ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That VI stamp is one I have always had my eye on but not bought yet and it looks so pretty on black card and white embossed and coloured with your Posca Pens Susan, and the second with a more vintage feel with the script, postmark and leaves, and the added die cut butterfly coordinates beautifully using a leftover piece of the background, and the blue shimmer card for the top layer makes it so sparkly and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLUE-tiful! It really pops against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aqua and dark blue are so pretty together! Love that contemporary flower on the black background! And what a beautiful background for the collage stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.