A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 17 June 2024

A Snarky Cat and a Winter Wonderland

More Christmas cards!  One for Christmas Crafts All Year Round "Dogs and / or Cats" and Christmas Kickstart "Gift":

Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a wonky stitched rectangle, bordered in black, put on a kraft card base, and a bit of Fun Flock added to the brim and pom pom of the hat.

Next up for My Time to Craft "Winter" and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Winter Wonderland":

I have lots of unused backgrounds in a box and found this one - blue and mauve inks brayered on glossy cs.  I stamped the trees and sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with white.  Trimmed it and bordered with a glittery cs that blended in well with the colours.

Grab our badge!     

   

 My Time To Craft!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, MFT wonky rectangle die, Fun Flock

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Paper Rose winter trees, Serendipity sentiment
Ink - Versamark, blue and mauve inks
Paper - glossy coated cs, blue/mauve glitter cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! This is just wonderful, Susan. Love the punchy sentiment and the cat, and your colouring is superb. Thanks for joining Denise and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Susan, and love that Snarky Cat and fun sentiment, and your white embossed trees are beautiful over the blue and mauve ink brayered background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh ... laughed out loud with your snarky cat. Wouldn't we all like to do that at sometime. :) So adorable and funny. Beautiful winter scene with the pretty coloured sky with white embossing. Classically beautiful, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cat makes me chuckle, Susan! That's the perfect sentiment to go with it. The winter scene is so serene and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot the cat and sentiment are! So funny, Susan. Lovely card made from a premade background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trees - from one of my favourite stamps! Love the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your Snarky cat really made me laugh. I should pull that set our and do some stamping :) Your Blue Winter Wonderland is so serene xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.