A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 October 2023

Snowy Farm

Peace on Earth challenge has a mood board featuring pick-up trucks.  I don't have any pick-up truck stamps but was inspired by the farms in the backgrounds of the mood board images - especially the red barns.  So I got out a very old Northwoods stamp - one of the first Christmas stamps I ever bought - and created this card:

It's coloured with coloured pencils and then I went over all of the snowy parts with a Quickie glue pen and added glitter - love the sparkle in real life (the photo doesn't do it justice).  A simple sentiment and black border and it was done.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:

There's lots more inspiration for you over at Peace on Earth, and we'd love to have you link up a card either inspired by the mood board or an "anything Christmas" card.








Supplies:
Stamps - Northwoods farm scene, PB sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Onyx Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Quickie glue pen, glitter

6 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet winter scene, Susan. I can see all the lovely sparkle in your photo. Makes the card even more special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful winter scene Susan, and I love your colouring and the added glittery snow...so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Susan! Great pencil coloring & love the touches of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous snowy scene you have created, kind of reminds me of here with our red barn and split rail fence (but no snow here yet thank goodness lol))! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, it's really a lovely design Susan. And your colouring is amzing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice scene. I like the glitter and the winterly look of it.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.