A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 23 October 2023

A Swag with Pine Cones and Christmas Cups

For Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Christmas Flowers or Foliage" and for My Time to Craft Christmas "Pine Cones":


The image is coloured with coloured pencils, it's trimmed with quite a bit of white border around it, then thinly matted with green, and added to a red card base.  I put the sentiment strip on a diagonal so that it stayed within the green mat.

My second card is for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Christmas Cup" and Sweet Stampin' "Tartan or Plaid".

When I was tidying my craft room recently, I came across some stamped, heat embossed, and die cut Christmas cups from an old SU set.  So when I saw the 52CCT challenge, I had the perfect opportunity to use them.  To fulfill the tartan or plaid challenge for Sweet Stampin', I pulled out some tartan ribbon and ran it across my focal panel to represent a Christmas table cloth for my cups to sit on.

Please take a copy of our badge  

 Sweet Stampin' Challenge BlogMy Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Serendipity Pine Swag, Mama Elephant sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white, red, and green cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - coloured pencils

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Paper Smooches sentiment, SU cups and steam
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, red and green pigment inks
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - tartan ribbon, clear embossing powder, Lil Inkers stitched square die, foam dots


9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Susan, and just adore the beautiful colouring using your pencils Susan, and the stamp is really pretty with the foliage and pine cones, and a great red ribbon too, just the sort of image I love, and then your two wonderful mugs look perfect on the tartan ribbon for a tablecloth and finished and each finished with a lovely sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Susan. LOVE the gorgeous Christmas swag ... wonderfully coloured with your pencils. And those two mugs are so sweet, made even sweeter with the warm and cozy tartan ribbon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Your christmas cups are so cute!!! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that door swag is amazing - love it! Perfect coloring for it, and I love your layers! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pinecones - beautiful image! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Susan, wonderful colouring on the pine cone swag and I love your mugs on the plaid ribbon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely design and the plaid ribbon is perfect for our challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great cards, Susan! The swag is beautifully colored, and placing the sentiment strip on a diagonal is a great idea.
    I have that Christmas cup stamp too. Even though it's pretty old, it's been one of my favorite Christmas stamps. The tartan ribbon is just perfect for grounding the cups (as a Christmas tablecloth)! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft Christmas. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.