A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 13 October 2023

Another Black Cat and Some Inkblending

I'm posting cards for the two AAA challenges today as they are linking up and offering prizes as long as you make different cards for each challenge.  For AAA Birthday Challenge "Favourite Colours", I've used blue, grey, and black - most of my clothes are in those colours!  I still had the Lavinia black cat sitting on my desk so decided to make a another birthday card using it as I have a few friends who love cats.  I'm also entering it at the Crazy for Cat Challenge.  It seems quite appropriate to be posting a black cat card on Friday Oct 13!


I masked a outer edges of a square and a moon on white cs and then blended Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire over it.  Then I removed the mask and stamped the botanical images in Iced Spruce.  I stamped the cat (with him partly going out of the square) and the sentiment in black.    Trimmed with a stitched square die and popped the panel up on fun foam.

And for AAA Challenge "Ink Blending with 3 or more colours", I made this card:


I used various Distress inks to create an ink blended background.  I trimmed it down and then heat embossed the delphinium in white.  The butterflies are die cut from a piece that I smooshed with Distress Oxide inks. 

   










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Lavinia "Mooch", unknown botanical stamps and sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Iced Spruce
Paper - white cs   Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Lil Inker stitched square die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Magenta delphinium, unknown sentiment (Rubbernecker?)
Ink - various Distress and Distress Oxide inks, ColorBox white, Ranger Archival Cobalt
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, Gina Marie small butterfly dies


5 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love that hairy cat stamp. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat is really sweet Susan against the lovely masked square shaped background scene with the moon and pretty foliage, and the second card works well with that wonderful white embossed delphinium and super ink blended background with the beautiful butterflies and a great matching sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ink blended backgrounds for both your cards Susan! LOVE that CAT! And the flowers are so pretty with the bright colours . xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat silhouette card is so cute. I love the kitty. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW your blue card with the cat is so beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.