A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Pink Poppies, Pink Christmas

It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I need to be sure to get some pink in my card making.

My Time to Craft's challenge is "In the Garden" and I grow a lot of varieties of poppies (Oriental, Welsh, California, Icelandic) in my garden so I've done a card with pink poppies:

A very CAS card - just stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched die, bordered in black.  I'm trying to work on my shading when I watercolour and for once, was happy with the results in the flowers.

And one of my favourite Christmas card challenges, Jingle Belles, always does a "Pink Christmas" challenge.  The wonderful Stephanie and Lauren who run the challenge each donate $2 to breast cancer research for every card linked up.  Here's my pink poinsettia:

The poinsettia is another one of my attempts at colouring embossed images.  I started by using a 3D embossing folder with watercolour paper.  Then I tried the watercolouring technique in this video using a couple of shades of pink.  My results are not nearly as good as the person in the video's results, but once I trimmed it, bordered it with lovely pink glitter cs, added a matching die cut sentiment, and embellished with a bit of Stickles in the centre.

My Time To Craft!










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Clearly Besotted Poppu
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, black and off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - watercolour paper, pink glitter cs, off white cs
Size - 4.5" square
Accessories - Nellie's Choice slimline poinsettia embossing folder, watercolour paints

5 comments:

  1. Very prettily coloured pink poppies Susan, and your poinsettia EF with the central flower coloured, again in a wonderful shade of pink, and backed with the pink glitter card mat and sentiment looks great too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and artful card, I love everything about this sparkly wonder! Such a fabulous take on PINK CHRISTMAS at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful masterpieces. The poppies are stunning! You are very talented. Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft. I cannot wait to see more of your wonderful inspirations
    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poppies are gorgeous in soft pink and your pink poinsettia is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your gorgeous pink poppies, Susan. Great work on watercolouring and shading them. They look dimensional. And your pink poinsettia is so pretty. Love the pink glitter to give the card some sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.