A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 18 October 2023

An Autumn Bunny and a Reindeer in Red and Brown

It's poured with rain all day today so I made two more cards.  First up is an autumn one to send to my sister who has been spotting wild bunnies in the ravine behind her house.  It's for The Paper Players "Signs of Autumn" - nothing like a bare tree with one final leaf clinging to it and patches of mushrooms popping up to signify autumn.  And also for The Four Seasons Challenge "Anything Goes Fall" and Simply CAS "Autumn".

I stamped the images, stupidly forgetting to use red to stamp the leaf so went over it with a red marker (that didn't cover up the black stamping very well). Then I sponged some blue and green around the images. I stamped my sentiment and smudged it, so restamped it on a scrap of cs and die cut it with a label die.  

Then a card for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Brown and Red":

I stamped the collage image in brown - thank goodness for my MISTI as it took several stampings to get a good impression.  After restamping so many times, I lost the definition in the reindeer's eyes, so added a bit of black marker to the eyes and a bit of white gel pen above and below them.  I trimmed it with a narrow border beyond the image and layered it on a piece of red corrugated card stock.

I'd never used either the stamp or red corrugated card stock before so I'm linking it up to NBUS as well.

Please Grab Our Badge Please Help Us Spread the Word ...    Grab our badge to display on your blog.








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Lavinia images, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Speckled Egg, Bundled Sage, and Old Paper
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red marker, Spellbinders label die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Magenta
Ink - Archival Potting Soil
Paper - off white cs, DCWV red corrugated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - black marker, white gel pen


10 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card to celebrate the fall season. The red/black leaves look great to me, just the perfect touch of color to say "fall!" Thanks for joining us at Simply Clean & Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty fall card using the Lavinia tree and a few red leaves which look fine, giving them a lovely deep colour with the black underneath, and such a cute rabbit and sweet mushrooms. I love the majestic deer on the second, and the background of red corrugated card looks great Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red over black ink on the leaves. They look like they are done for the year and ready to fall. The elegance of your reindeer card is beautiful. He is majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Susan, your bunny looking up at the final burgundy leaves of fall evokes so much emotion! I love the subtle green and blue background coloring, too. And your stag is classic with the text and evergreen branches. I love how you brought back his eyes and the corrugated background in red adds extra interest! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful fall scene, I was out with the dogs today and the wind picked up blowing all the leaves off the tree. Your bunny watching the last few leaves is perfect. Love the colours on Christmas card, red and brown are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Susan! Love the 'one leaf' still on the tree ... what an awesome concept! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons and Simply Clean & Simple challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Susan - I love the simple images on the first one. A beautiful fall-inspired card! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your background for your sweet bunny card, Susan. The dark red leaf looks like ones in my front yard ... so you nailed the colour! :) And I LOVE your reindeer stamp. It's gorgeous. Too bad it took a lot of effort to get a good impression, but well worth it. Love it paired with the red corrugated cardboard framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love that sweet bunny image in your CAS card. So serene and peaceful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you combined the colours of brown and red together to create your card. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.