A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 6 June 2023

A Bird with an Embossed Background

I've been very busy with a friend visiting me and trying to catch up on my gardening after being away.  But I must try and keep up with my Christmas cards so here's one:

 
The collage stamp is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils, then die cut with an oval die and layered on the dry embossed background.

Challenges:

The Sisterhood of Crafters - "Birds"

Can You Handle the Pressure - "Dry Embossing with a Twist of Birds"

Sweet Stampin' - "Things with Wings"

NBUS - I've never used the collage stamp before








Supplies:
Stamps - Viva Decor bird collage
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, script embossing folder, Spellbinders oval die

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty image, stands out so nicely on the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, you have matched the embossed perfectly with your bird image and the musical score background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collage image with your sweet bird, greenery and musical notes, Susan. Pairs perfectly with the script dry embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely Christmas card with that sweet bird singing. You are so good with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful collage bird stamp Susan and I love the dry embossed script in the background which goes perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, you've made a wonderfully traditional Christmas card there - just perfect! Love the embossed background! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.