A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 17 June 2023

Baubles and Christmas Colours

Usually with a mood board I am inspired by one particular image in it but for this Peace on Earth challenge, I used a mixture of elements from the mood board - the colours in the top two images and the baubles in the bottom left.


The image is stamped and watercoloured, with a shimmery white watercolour paint used for the candle (unfortunately the photo doesn't show the shimmer).  I used a narrow black mat, popped the panel up on fun foam on a red card base, and added a Tim Holtz sentiment sticker.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:

You can either be inspired by it or enter an "anything Christmas" card in our challenge.







Supplies:
Stamps - Jofy candle
Ink - Versafine Onyx black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, TH sentiment sticker, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and perfect coloring! Thanks for sharing another fabulous & inspiring DT project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candle and baubles image is so pretty Susan and I love the bright red and contrasting black mat which frames it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the shimmer on the candle, Susan ... so beautiful. Lovely bright colours for the baubles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully water colored, what a fabulous image too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have reminded me to check out my JOFY stamps, I love the shimmer on the candle and so beautifully watercoloured ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty Christmas card, Susan! Love the coloring and the rich, red background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely Christmas card, Susan! The sketchy image is cute, and I love the bright baubles pop beautifully. I can see the pretty shimmer on the candle in the picture.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.