A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 3 June 2023

Icy Christmas

Time for the new Peace on Earth challenge.  Here's my card:


I was inspired by the bottom right image on our mood board to create something that picked up on the icy feel of it and had the black and silvery colours of it.

I used silver glitter paste through a snowflake stencil on black cs for the background.  Using two different sizes of rectangular dies, I created a frame to go over it out of silver glitter cs, cut the shadow of the greeting out of the same silver glitter cs, and cut the sentiment part of the greeting out of black cs.

Here's the mood board that inspired me (I used the bottom right image):

Please come and join us at Peace on Earth.  If you're not inspired by the mood board, you can do "anything Christmas".








Supplies:
Paper - silver glitter, black, and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver glitter paste, snowflake stencil, SSS snowy greetings die, Spellbinders rectangle dies

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Susan, so full of sparkle-y goodness, love those icy snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and a wonderful take on the mood board. It depicts the sparkle of Christmas so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW look at all that sparkle! Beautifully done my friend! Thanks for sharing another inspiring DT project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous glittery card Susan and I love the paste you used through a snowflake stencil for the background, and then both the frame and the sentiment shadow from pretty silver glitter cardstock with black for the sentiment itself go beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sparkle and shine on your card, Susan. I love the contrast with the black background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how gorgeous and absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the glittery sparkle looks so beautiful- gorgeous Christmas cardxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.