A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 22 December 2022

Embossing Glazed Snowflakes

I buy so many great new products and then they languish on my shelves.  So I'm hoping to challenge myself to use something I rarely use at least once a week.  Here's a card using Embossing Glaze:

I went over the TH snowflake stencil with embossing paste and then, while it was still wet, I added Speckled Egg embossing glaze to give it colour. I heated it with my heat gun which caused some of the glaze to bubble a bit and then subside, adding even more texture to the snowflakes.

I added a very thin black cs border, stamped the sentiment in black on a small scrap and heat embossed it with clear powder, and added a thin black border to that piece as well.

Sneaking in just in time for:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Snowflakes"

 

And I don't think aqua-coloured snowflakes are very traditional so it's also going to:

Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Non-traditional Christmas Colours"

Please take a copy of our badge








Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and black cs
Size - 7x3.75"
Accessories - TH snowflakes stencil, embossing paste, TH Speckled Egg embossing glaze, clear embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Lovely colour and shine on your glazed snowflakes Susan. So pretty! I have a dozen of the glazes and have not used them at all. Geesh!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your snowflakes look wonderful with the EP glaze, and love the script of your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You used snowflakes very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Susan. Especially when I hear "Embossing Glaze", I feel a sense of guilt, asking myself if I bought them to just enjoy looking at...
    Good for you to use your Embossing Glaze to make this beautiful snowflake card! The black borders give the card a finished look.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Susan, that black detail really sets it apart, and makes that pretty blue sing! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour makes such pretty snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.