A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 12 December 2022

A Partridge and Some Polar Bears

Festive Friday is asking us to celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas.  We had to include at least three items from their list (see at the bottom of this post).  I have the partridge and the pear, there is gold in my background paper, and it's a Christmas card.

The image is watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched die, and popped up on fun foam on some dp.

Next up is a card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I chose the diagonal line that says Snow / Arctic Animal / Slimline.

The snowy background was created with a snowflake embossing folder and vellum.  I took a piece of navy blue cs and die cut "winter wishes" along the bottom.  I taped the vellum above that and folded it over the top edge and secured the top of it on the wrong side.  I die cut the polar bears and layered that over the bottom edge of the vellum (thus hiding the tape behind the vellum).  It's all added to a mini slimline card base.

Festive Friday


NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) challenge - I've never used that stamp before.

Grab our badge to display on your blog. 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge


 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Inky Doodles
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, K&Co dp, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - white and navy cs, vellum
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - snowflake embossing folder, polar bear die, TH winter wishes die


7 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Susan. You are on a roll!! Isn't it great to have this wonderful challenges to help keep us focussed??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job of combining the elements for your partridge card. It is great. Love the polar bears too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that partridge/pear tree image, and what a perfect paper for the background to go with it. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, both cards are so beautiful! The slim design with the polar bears and vellum snowflake background is just frosty goodness and works perfectly with the tttc board. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful partridge card using a great combination of the items on the challenge list, Susan! The image is so pretty with your coloring.
    And I love how you made the best use of the mini slimline card size for the second card. The snowflake embossed vellum piece is just beautiful, allowing slightly to see the color of the navy blue behind.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. My fav is your polar bears slimline card. I’m unfamiliar with the FF challenge, but it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely pair of cards. I love the slimline polar bears and your partridge and pear tree card is fabulous. And, of course, I know have that going around in my head :-). Thank you for sharing this with us at Festive Friday this week and hope to see you again in 2023. Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.