A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 5 December 2022

A Notecard for National Letter Writing Day

Slipping in under the wire for a challenge at Festive Friday to celebrate National Letter Writing Day.


I've got three of the required elements for the challenge - script, postmark, and embossing folder.

I pulled out a bit of blue background (created by sprinkling Brushos on mixed media cs and spritzing with water) from my unused backgrounds box and stamped and heat embossed the postcard collage image. Trimmed it and bordered it with black. I used a postcard collage embossing folder on the card base. 









Supplies:
Stamps - bird / postcard collage stamp
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white, black, and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, Sizzix embossing folder, blue brushos

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours in your brushos background Susan. Awesome stamp and embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, your embossing folder is a perfect match to your stamp ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collage feel of your card Susan and that bright blue panel is fabulous! Great use of the background embossing folder too, perfect for the theme. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all that fabulous texture from the embossing folder on the base and the bright pop of blue with the black script is fabulous. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week. Hope to see you again in 2023. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome note card for National Letter Writing Day, Susan!
    Love the beautiful brusho panel with black stamping & heat-embossing! The postcard collage dry embossing is perfect for the card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.