A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 31 December 2022

Candy Canes on Red and White Stripes

This week the Peace on Earth challenge has a mood board full of red and white and some greenery.  It inspired me to make this card:

A stamped and watercoloured image, popped up on fun foam on red and white striped dp, and finished off with some glossy accents on the gold ornaments.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board if you want to be inspired by it.  If not, feel free to join us anyway with an "anything Christmas goes" card. 










Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous candy canes, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, striped dp, off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Glossy Accents, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan, those candy canes look good enough to eat, a lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect take on our mood board Susan! Love the image and you're coloring/design showcase it perfectly! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candy cane striped paper makes the perfect backdrop for this lovely image. Beautiful card Susan! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is delightful and I love that mood board. Well, to be honest, I love candy canes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring and design, Susan! Love that you used a candy cane dp, matching the image!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.