A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 8 December 2022

Christmas Colours on Black

At a recent crafty zoom get together, we used metallic watercolours to paint images on black watercolour paper.  I loved it and have since continued to use the technique. 


I used the colours of the newest Color Throwdown - red, black, green, and gold.

I heat embossed the image with gold embossing powder on black watercolour paper, then coloured with my Twinkling H2Os.    I added some gold splatter but decided it also needed a some white splatter to lighten it up a bit.  I trimmed the panel, popped it up on fun foam on a gold card base, and added a Tim Holtz stick-on sentiment.

Color Throwdown

Jingle Belles - Anything Christmas

Winter Wonderland - End of Year Anything Christmas Goes

Sweet Stamping - Christmas Creations








Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity holly
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - black watercolour paper, gold shimmer cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Twinkling H2Os, white and gold acrylic paint, TH stick on sentiment, Spellbinders square die, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. Wow the holly turned out so well, love how your mounted it on gold card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. LOVE this technique and what a beautiful image for it. Love the gold framing and the white splatters do lighten things up. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried coloring on black- it looks lovely!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous holly card, Susan! The shine and color of the metallic paint look so beautiful against black. Great idea to splatters in two colors. They look great!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card, this really stands out against the black.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the colors pop against the black! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is so pretty, Susan! Love the shine and your splatters look like softly falling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous Christmas creation with us at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends, Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG..Stunning Twinkling H2O's, metallic paints and WC on black paper...Wow!!! TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.