A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 17 December 2022

Blue on White Ornament

Those of you who know me, know that I love blue and white!  I was inspired by the lower right image on the Peace on Earth mood board (see below) to make this card:


No stamping on this card, just die cuts.  I cut the background for the ornament twice out of white shimmer cs and glued them together, then cut the top decorative layer out of blue glitter cs and added it to the top, and finished off with a little ornament top cut from silver cs.

I die cut the negative sentiment out of a white shimmer panel, and trimmed the panel down with a hemstitch die.  I layered it over the same blue glitter cs as I used on the ornament so that it shows through the hemstitch openings and through the negative sentiment letters.  Added it to a white shimmer card base, and then topped it with the ornament.

Peace on Earth challenge

Please head over to Peace on Earth for more inspiration from the Design Team and then link up your card, either inspired by our mood board or an "anything Christmas goes" card.








Supplies:
Paper - white and silver shimmer cs, blue glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box ornament die, TH sentiment die, Spellbinders Hemstitch rectangle die

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a gorgeous bauble Susan! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love blue and I love sparkle so this grabbed me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love all the sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning colour combo with the deep blue and white- Love the card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sparkly blue ornament is gorgeous, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sparkle and shimmer of your gorgeous bauble, Susan! The blue glitter peeking through the hemstitch frame is so pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.