A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 30 October 2021

Sleigh in Two Sizes

A few years back I bought both Tim Holtz stamp sets that included the horse drawn sleigh as I couldn't decide which size I liked the best.  Today I'm posting cards using both sizes of the stamp.  The cards are slightly different sizes but are both 6" across so you can see the different sizes in the stamps.

First up the bigger version of the stamp:


This is an A6 card, slightly larger than the A2 I usually make.  I stamped and heat embossed the image in white on black cs. Then scattered Frantage chunky embossing powder randomly over the panel and heated it from underneath so that it wouldn't blow away. For the snowy ground, I scribbled with a Versamark pen and then added Frantage to that and heated it. Instead of stamping a sentiment, I used one of the Tim Holtz Christmas quote strips I bought ages ago but have never used!

The second card is similar but uses the smaller version of the stamp and is a mini slimline size. 


Same technique but I added a white heat embossed sentiment that came in the same stamp set.

Challenges:

Card 1:

Christmas Craft Creations - Black & White + One Other Colour

Jingle Belles - Use an Animal on a Holiday Card

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Something that Starts with S or T - I have S for Sleigh

Card 2:

The Male Room - A Black and White Masculine Card







Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - ColorBox White
Paper - black and white cs
Size - Card 1 - A6 (6x4.25"), Card 2 - mini slimline (6x3.25")
Accessories - white embossing powder, Stampendous Frantage chunky white embossing powder, Versamark pen, red Tim Holtz Christmas quote strip (card 1)

12 comments:

  1. These are both pretty and lovely, snowy scenes. I really like the sentiment so much on the second card. The frantage made great snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions are striking Susan and a great idea to have the two sizes of the beautiful sleigh. I enjoyed seeing the two different versions and I love both x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are perfect for the challenges you entered, Susan. I love how you showed the differences in the sizes of each stamp set. Beautiful card designs, my friend. TFS both card formats. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which size I like best! Both sizes make beautiful cards and I believe you'll be using both often! Love the "snow" on the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The both look wonderful and great way to create two different size cards. Awesome job with the frantage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both cards. That image is perfect for white embossing on black card. It's a classic design, Susan. I like the mini slimline size, but love the quote strip on your first one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a great stamp to have and you have used it beautifully, love both cards. Thank you so much for joining us in our Black & White challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them both, Susan! It's so nice and convenient to have different sizes of the same image stamp. The beautiful white silhouette looks awesome on black, and the Frantage Chunky snow is perfect for the scene. The red quote strip and the vertical sentiment make a wonderful variation!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love shiny silver for the holidays ... so very glad you joined us for our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful and elegant card... so very elegant! so happy you could join our christmas critter celebration at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful black & white project.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room. I hope you will play along again.
    Majda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.