A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 11 October 2021

A Horse with a Wreath

There is a new Christmas challenge called Peace on Earth.  So I decided to join in their first ever challenge with this card.

It was inspired by one of the images on their mood board:


I used an old stamp that hasn't seen ink for several years.  I watercoloured it, then cut it out with the SSS Thin Circle Frames die - it gave me both the image cut as a circle and the thin circular frame.  I decided to paint the frame with the same gold paint that I used on the brass decorations on the bridle.  I attached the image to the card base first and then carefully added the thin frame around it.

The sentiment is a wax seal that I made while at a friend's house.  Here's a close-up of it:


The wax seal makes a nice change for a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today.







Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity horse
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, SSS Thin Circle Frames die, wax seal

8 comments:

  1. Oh Susan this is GORGEOUS and I love the wax seal ... well done! Thanks so much for your support and thanks for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for the POE challenge mood board, Susan! Love the gold frame and the wax seal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful vintage style, great take on the inspiration mood board and one very beautiful Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet with his wreath on. The wax seal is such a great way to say Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created card and a fabulous image!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan great combination of the horse and the seal, the colour matches perfectly with the Christmas wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Susan! I love the beautifully watercolored horse with a wreath! The color-matching gold circle frame and the wax seal sentiment are wonderful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Susan. I LOVE the horse with the circle frame, it's perfect. And the sparkle gold so shiny and bright. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.