A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 15 October 2021

Red Berries, Gray Stems

Marcia, this month's host of CAS Christmas, is asking for Gray and Red on your Christmas cards.


I went with red berries, gray stems, and a grey card base.

Using my MISTI, I inked up the stems and berry tips with a Weathered Wood Distress marker and the berries with a few different red Distress markers, spritzed lightly, and stamped onto watercolour paper.  The red bled into the grey a bit so I let it dry and then used the grey marker again to stamp the stems and berry tips again - it covered up a bit of the red bleeding but not all of it.  I stamped the sentiment with Weathered Wood ink, popped the panel up on fun foam on a grey card base, and went over the berries with Crystal Glaze.

You have until October 24th to enter your card.  There's lots of inspiration over at CAS Christmas from the rest of the Design Team.











Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black berries, unknown sentiment
Ink - Distress Weathered Wood
Paper - grey cs, watercolour paper
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Distress markers, Nuvo Crystal Glaze, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. I love the shine on your red berries...and great idea to use gray for the branch, totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image and it looks amazing in red and gray. Beautiful card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crystal glaze looks so pretty and I like the 'bleeding' effect and I love this card Susan....So beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful glossy berries on this Susan! and the bleeding just adds interest to the stems - like they would look in nature! a lovely red/gray design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Susan. I like the large stamp and the berries just shine, making me want to pick them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Susan! I just LOVE how shiny your berries are and didn't even notice the bleeding because of how striking this whole card is! Thank you so much for making my color challenge SHINE with this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love these pretty, plump, and shiny berries, Susan! And Weathered Wood is one of my favorite grays. The color looks so beautiful paired with the red.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Susan, the red and grey are perfect for this stamp, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow gorgeous Susan, such a simple design and so elegant ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, Susan! I love your shiny red berries and your gray stems, sentiment and card base are just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is the perfect stamp for these colors! Love these vibrant berries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Susan! I love the large red berries and added glaze! They really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Fabulous image to use for the colour challenge. The Crystal Glaze on the berries was the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.