A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 10 October 2021

S for Snowman, V for Vocabulary

Cards for a couple of "ABC" challenges.

First up, Christmas Cards All Year Round "Something that Starts with S or T" - I went with S for snowman.


Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a wonky stitched rectangle, and popped up on fun foam on a blue/grey card base.  I decided a sentiment would make it look too busy so put it on the inside.

On the other hand, the sentiment is a major feature of my second card.  It is for the ABC Christmas Challenge "V for Vocabulary".  I interpreted that as using quite dominant words on my card.


I stamped the long narrow image of ornaments and coloured with coloured pencils. Then trimmed the image and added it to the focal panel along with stamping a green vertical sentiment. I trimmed the panel with a deckle edge die and popped it up on fun foam, and finished by adding Glossy Accents to the ornaments.







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Serendipity snowman
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, blue/grey cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, MFT Wonky Stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown (Northwoods?) ornaments, Serendipity sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Archival Library Green
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Glossy Accents, Spellbinders deckle edge die, fun foam


8 comments:

  1. OMG..LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your adorable Snowman card and your Gorgeous Ornament card, my friend. TFS Susan. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun snowman, Susan! And I love the glossy ornaments with the vertical sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful Christmas cards Susan! Love that happy snowman. He made me smile! :) And he looks amazing with that blue/gray background. Gorgeous colour! Your ornaments are so pretty and shimmery. Just perfect with the large vertical sentiment next to them. Love the antique framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards Susan, your Snowman is so cute and love the vertical sentiment and deckled edge of your ornament card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A snowman with an umbrella in the snow is a hoot! Great coloring. A lovely Christmas card and I love the font the greeting is in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute snowman on the first cute card and what a striking, vintage style second and loving the vertical sentiment and the pretty baubles x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are lovely, Susan! Your watercolored snowman is so cute, and the shine of the baubles is pretty! Love the vertical sentiment next to the long panel.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet cards!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.