A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 October 2021

A Metal Disc and a Single Dog

A couple of other challenges are about to end so more last minute cards.

For Cardz 4 Guyz "Use Some Metal", I used one of my Tim Holtz metal Christmas quote tokens.  And for Jingle Belles "Include Some Snow", I have dry and wet embossed snowflakes.


I created the tag by smooshing with Distress inks, stamping some script over it, stencilling some snowflakes with white embossing paste, and attaching the metal token with a brad

I added some ribbon to the top and looped it over a dry embossed background, and added a ribbon knot.

Here's a close-up of the token so that you can read the lovely quote:


And a second card, this one for CASology "One".  I have one dog on a very CAS thank you card:

I stamped, heat embossed, and fussy cut the dog (who looks much like mine). I mounted it t on the white card base, taping the feet right to the card and the head popped up a bit with foam tape.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, die cut the frame die and popped it up on foam tape.









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - script stamp
Ink - various Distress inks
Paper - white cs, tag
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz sentiment token, brad, ribbon, TH snowflake stencil, white embossing paste, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Stamp Gallery dog, unknown sentiment
Ink - Distress ozide browns
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - MFT pierced square frame die, clear embossing powder, foam tape

11 comments:

  1. I love love love your snowflake tag card. The metal charm is the perfect addition and perfect for our "add some metal" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards! Love all the texture in your tag with the added token. That pup stamp is such a beautiful one for a thank you card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great way to add the metal to your card and the saying is perfect with the sparkly snowflakes. Dog cards always tug at my heart and this is no exception. This is such a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thought on these cards: excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that aqua background with the embossed snowflakes! It's a perfect resting place for this Christmas token! Your second card looks like Tessa was posing for you! It will be perfect when she needs to tell someone thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and dignified dog! Super thank you note. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your Christmas tag card with the metal token. The embossing in the background, embossing on the tag and script with smooshed colour are a great combination and look fabulous with the metal. Lovely sentiment. Your sweet Tessa thank you card is so beautiful and perfect CAS with a lovely frame. xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. The Holiday card you created is very beautiful, Susan. Thank you for joining us at Cardz4Guyz this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful elements on the tag and such a beautiful Christmas card. The embossing looks so pretty and love the quote on the tag Susan. Super adorable 'Tessa' card and I like hoe you 'attached' her to the card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The smooshed background of the tag with script stamping and snowflake emboss paste stenciling is so beautiful, Susan! The metal token shines superbly on the tag. The snowflakes on the front panel are echoing the snowflakes on the tag.
    The Tessa-like dog is so adorable! This card will make any receiver smile. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, what a beautiful and artful card... love those embossed and inky layers! so pleased you could have SNOW much fun with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.