A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Presents Under the Tree and a Cat in the Tree


The ABC Christmas Challenge is asking for "U is for Under the Tree".   Jingle Belles theme is "Animals on a Holiday Card".  I have a great stamp I haven't yet used that has presents under the tree and a naughty cat climbing up the tree.



I stuck to my favourite technique of stamping and watercolouring, and then trimming the panel, bordering it with black cs, and popping it up on fun foam on a red card base.  I went over all the ornaments with Glossy Accents for a little bit of shine and texture.

Challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - "U is for Under the Tree or V is for Vocabulary"

Jingle Belles - "Animals on a Holiday Card"

Rudolph Days - "Anything Goes Christmas"

NBUS Challenge - "Something Never Used"

Christmas Card Challenge - "Something that Starts with S or T" - I have a tree.








Supplies:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co.
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, A6 pre-folded red card
Size - 6.25x4.5"
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam, Glossy Accents

13 comments:

  1. that's a fun stamp Susan, I love how naughty the cat is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echoing Christine's comment and I love the card and the cat too....x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great fun card, it reminds me of my mums cat while we were growing up. He was always playing with the baubles from the tree. Thanks for joining in at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image and so true. Cats in Christmas trees is a "thing" for sure! I love those gifts in the tree bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fabulous card and it reminds me of my house and my cat..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stamp, Susan! You must have an incredible collecting. This is just too fun and tempts me to go look for that stamp! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a cute card! I love this NBUS stamp, that little tree is adorable and the cat cracks me up. Love your watercoloring. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweet Christmas tree and the kitty reminds me of Cleo batting the snowflakes off the tree every night. A fun Christmas card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and fun Christmas card, Susan! The kitty is adorable! The shiny ornaments are wonderful accents.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable stamp and a cute card, Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute little image ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles

    ReplyDelete
  12. such an adorable image and beautifully colored; i especially love the expression on the cat's face! so pleased you could join our celebration of christmas critters at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card!!!! Love it! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.