A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 21 October 2021

Reindeer for a Guy

Cardz 4 Guyz wants a masculine card featuring any animal.  I'm trying to get lots of Christmas cards made so went with reindeer.


I kept to shades of brown as that suits a masculine theme.  I created the background by sprinkling three shades of Bister powders on mixed media cs and spritzing with water. When dry, I stamped a small holly stamp in Tea Dye ink across the top.

I then stamped the two reindeer with Walnut Stain ink and heat embossed them. I added a die cut sentiment, bordered with dark brown, and used a white card base.

It's great when I can adapt a challenge to a Christmas card as I really need to work on my stash for my sale at the end of November!








Supplies:
Stamps - Studio Light reindeer, Art Impressions holly
Ink - Distress Tea Dye and Walnut Stain
Paper - white, dark brown, and mixed media cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Brown, Natural, and Yellow Bister; clear embossing powder, Tattered Lace sentiment die

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful male card and a beautiful background for the deer. It even looks like a house behind the deer on the right to create a soft winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect masculine card. That background looks fantastic and thanks for the reminder to drag out my Bisters again. You chose a great stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle stamping in the background and the stately deer, Susan! A fabulous masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card Susan, I love your soft stamping in the background and the colours and Deer images are pertect for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine Christmas card Susan. LOVE the gorgeous background with the tea dye stamped leaves. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome masculine card, Susan! I LOVE the fabulous Bister background with the soft holly image! Wonderful color choice for the border and reindeer too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful masculine card. You’ve just proven that masculine cards can be beautiful! Great job achieving fabulous colours with the Bister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, I like the color you used for the background and the faint holly leaves showing through. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful background and a fabulous tonal masculine card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great masculine Christmas card...perfect for our "Any Animal-Actual or Animated" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how your elements came together. The background is wonderful executed. The Deer pair works well for our challenge and for your Holiday card! Thank you for joining my challenge choice at Cardz4Guyz this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.