A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Painting with Shimmer Paints

I have some much neglected, but very beautiful, Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolour Paints and thought they'd be perfect for a Christmas card.


I stamped the Penny Black winter scene and watercoloured it with pearlescent paints. It has a wonderful shimmer but I couldn't capture it very well in the photo.

I've just got time to sneak it into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Anything Goes" before it closes.








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black, Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, shimmer copper c
Size - A2
Accessories - Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolour Paints

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet little winter image and I bet the shimmer from the pearlescent paints look beautiful x. The falling snowflakes and the cute robin look so pretty Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful winter scene, Susan. I bet the shimmer is amazing. I can just see a little in the snowflakes. :) Isn't it fun to use some older products??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Winter scene, my friend. I am sure the pearlescent paints are Stunning in the light. I love how you framed your scene and sentiment too. TFS Susan. Stay safe and warm...Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous winter scene, Susan! It's beautiful without showing the shimmer so I can imagine how it looks when the light hits it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect Christmas winter scene, I bet the shimmer looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and paceful scene! Gorgeous card! I hope you had a lovely birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful winter scene, Susan! The subtle colors make the scene look so peaceful and quiet. I can imagine the pretty shimmer of the watercolor and the copper borders. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful scene, I love how you have created perspective with the foreground and background. A really atmospheric Christmas card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.