A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Masculine Christmas

The Cardz for Guys Challenge is asking for a traditional masculine Christmas card.  I went with a snowy scene in the woods with a cabin.


My stamp seemed perfect for one of the trendy slimline cards that everyone is making these days but I made a smaller version as I have a bunch of envelopes that are 6 7/8 x 3 5/8".

I stamped the image and watercoloured it., trimmed it and popped it up on fun foam on a cream shimmer base, and added a sentiment banner to one side of it.








Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. cabin, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream shimmer cs
Size - small slimline - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - Yasutomo shimmer paints, fun foam, foam tape

12 comments:

  1. such a pretty winter scene Susan and the shimmer from the paints look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cabin in the woods makes for a perfect masculine card!! This turned our gorgeous!! I love the vertical sentiment...I have often thought while stamping that I wish I had some vertical sentiments!! Thanks for playing along with our "Traditional Christmas" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture a guy coming home to this cabin after ice fishing all day or hunting. Maybe even skiing. A cozy fire and bearskin rug. Never mind, I'm getting ahead of myself picturing this guy! Great guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Winter in the woods cabin scene, Susan. Perfect for a guy card. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful winter scene, Susan! I love this size card and it's perfect for a guy or a gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely winter cottage - I want to be inside sitting by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! I would like to be in that cabin! Beautiful card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful winter scene with a pretty cabin, Susan! Love how you added the vertical sentiment to the slimline card. Awesome masculine Christmas card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scene and what a good idea to make the card fit the envelope so you get ti use them up xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful masculine wintery scene and I love the slimline design too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful mini slimline card. Beautifully watercolored and perfect for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so serene in the white with just a pop of colour - a great take on our challenge - thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.