A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 December 2020

Vintage Santa

I made a last minute card today for neighbours who brought me a plate of their delicious Christmas baking and a card (never had a card from them before!) so made this to thank them and to reciprocate the card.  Their house is full of vintage things so I pulled out a vintage Santa image.

Simply stamped in black on PTI's Vintage Cream cs, with a dull gold shimmery border and a few matching dull gold gemstones.  Definitely a QCAS - quick clean and simple card.

I'm linking up to the following:

Day of the Month Card Club - "Santa's List Day"

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - "Any Challenge Featured This Year" - I went with Santa. 

     









Supplies:
Stamps - Deep Red Santa, A Muse sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocture
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream, dull gold shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - dull gold gemstones

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage Santa with the gold frame and gems, Susan. Your neighbors will appreciate your thoughtfulness as much as you appreciated theirs:-) Love and Hugs, my friend. Take care...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoughtful neighbours and how thoughtful you are to send them this vintage and wonderful card x. Sending Christmas hugs Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Santa, Susan! I love it in black and white! You have good neighbors and I'm sure they will love how you thank them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful vintage Santa, Susan! The color of the cardstock and the dull golds are perfect to give the card a vintage-look. I'm sure your neighbors loved it.
    Merry Christmas, my friend! :-)
    Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful vintage Santa!!! The black and white combo with the gold frame and gems looks really great and very elegant!!! Thank you so much for participating in our last challenge of the year at DotMCC - I hope you'll come back to play in the new year too! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet image and beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, a beautiful card. The image is delightful - and a very handy one to have as it's a card in itself. Thanks for playing along at 52CCT for December.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This vintage Santa image definitely lends itself for making beautiful quick cards! You have amazing neighbours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.