A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 19 December 2020

Poinsettia with Embellishments

I'm still making Christmas cards.  I got so far behind with making them this year because of my heart attack, so for those of you who sent me a card but didn't get one from me, this one is for you!!  I'll do better next year!

 
I placed the poinsettia stamp in my MISTI, tapped it with Versamark, then lightly brushed Magicals over it, spritzed with water, and stamped onto watercolour paper.  I was able to get a couple more prints from it.

I added the heat embossed sentiment strip and popped the panel up on fun foam on a red shimmer card base - it's hard to see the shimmer on both it and the Magicals, but it is quite lovely.  I was going to use sequins to embellish it for The Flower Challenge, but just wasn't happy with the look so went with gemstones instead.

It's getting linked up over at The Flower Challenge "Add Embellishments".


and at The Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Anything Goes".

I'm not sure if I'll get another post done before Christmas - if not, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it.








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, SU sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - red shimmer and black cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Magicals, white embossing powder, fun foam, gold gemstones

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous watercolored Magicals technique for your beautiful Christmas card, Susan. I must try that technique. You have inspired me again along with all your beautiful creative Christmas and other occasion cards. That is a wonderful gift for your friends. Have a nice relaxing safe and Healthy Christmas and New Year, my dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this image. Gorgeous with the powdered inks Susan. And love the black sentiment banner. You shouldn't worry about not making cards for everyone. We all understand that you have been through a tramatic and life-threatening experience that was so scary. So glad you are doing better each and every day. What a blessing. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan: I love the watercolor look on your beautiful Poinsettia card, the golden pearls give it a touch of elegance.
    I'm sorry to read about your traumatic experience, I pray you are feeling a lot better.
    Thank you for finding the time to share this beautiful card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
    Hope you play along again soon.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    Hugs,
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique is perfect for this stamp, Susan! These poinsettias are so vibrant! I for one am so glad you are recovering so well and creating again. I'm thankful for the gift of you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your health takes priority over cards! I'm so happy you feel like making cards so that is a good sign you are healing. It takes time and it sounds like you are pacing yourself just right. Be safe my friend and rest a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say the card is lovely. That is such a cool technique and you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a unique and beautiful effect Susan and a real stunning card x. Thinking of you and continue to heal and stay safe x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous poinsettia Christmas card, Susan! Love the way the flowers and leaves are printed/stamped. I'm thankful for this card and wishing you a happy Christmas and your continued recovery!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card Susan, the Lindys powders give such a wonderful shimmer.
    Your health is the most important thing to concentrate on and everyone understands.
    hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.