A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Winter Wonderland

There are two challenges this week that are asking for "Winter Wonderland".

52 Christmas Card Throwdown

 

ABC Christmas Challenge

'W'  for Winter Wonderland

and/or

'X' for Xtra Special

 I went with a snowy forest with reindeer.


I put the forest stamp in my MISTI, inked it up with various brown mini Distress inks and markers, and stamped - repeating as needed to get good coverage.

Then I cleaned off the stamp and reinked with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I took my fine point Molotow Art Masking Liquid marker and went over all the snowflakes that are part of the stamp and the ground at the bottom. This, plus the heat embossing on the trees created a resist that would make it really easy to sponge the sky.

I sponged with a few shades of blue Distress inks, and when dry, rubbed off the masking fluid.

I added two die cut reindeer and a sentiment (the sentiment is on a little tag as it came out crooked when I stamped it on the focal panel so restamped and punched out to layer it over it straight!). I bordered it with the same brown cs I used for the reindeer.

Thanks for coming by today!







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black trees, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - various brown and blue Distress inks
Paper - white and dark brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession reindeer dies, clear embossing powder, Molotow Art Masking Liquid marker, SU small label punch

13 comments:

  1. This is a lovely, snowy scene. I love how you did the snow, it looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Stunning and realistic snowy woodsy scene, my friend. With all the heat embossing, I can just imagine the shine and depth of your Christmas card, Susan. Your deer are perfectly placed and love how the stag is looking at you as if it knows you are taking a picture:-) TFS your beauty. Merry Christmas..Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on that wonderful scene, Susan. And I bow to you for patience to work around the snow on the stamp. I've had a few stamps like that and don't have them any more. The snow looks fabulous with your efforts and love the addition of the deer. Happy Thanksgiving, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and peaceful scene, Susan! Great job of masking and sponging the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Susan, such a beautiful scene, amazing blending of colours for the sky and love your deer silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super design. Looks like a photo! Thanks for joining us Christmas Card Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Susan! LOVE this gorgeous winter scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a wonderful winter wonderland scene! The falling snow looks amazing against your beautiful blue background,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wawww, kako prekrasna zimska scena. Izgleda tako zelo realistično.
    Pozdravček iz Slovenije <3
    Urška

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan this is the most magical and stunning card x. All wintery and wonderful and great use of the masking fluid/pen x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and peaceful scene, Susan! Clear-embossing was good for giving more definition of the trees as well as resisting the sponged ink. Love the gorgeous blue winter sky and the pretty falling snow! The dark brown border puts everything together.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous winters scene and a happy Birthday to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful winter scene, Susan! And a birdie told me you celebrated a special birthday - belated birthday wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.