A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Silver Berries

I don't often do colour challenges but I really liked this one at The Paper Players:


Here's my card:


I stamped the image in black on watercolour paper and first tried a silver watercolour paint on the berries but it wasn't silvery enough so went over it with a silver metallic pen.  Heat embossed the sentiment in silver and bordered the panel with silver cs that has a nice sheen to it.  Popped it up on fun foam for some dimension.

And here's a photo taken with different lighting to bring out the shine of the silver.



Thanks for stopping by today!








Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta bird, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs, silver cs
Size - A2
Accessories - metallic silver pen, fun foam, silver embossing powder

9 comments:

  1. All shiney and so very pretty Susan and I love how you've left the cute little bird uncoloured and the metallic on the berries look fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the touch of silver on the frame and the berries create such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful silver, black and white Christmas chickadee card design, Susan. TFS the 2nd photo with all the shine. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant in these colours Susan. Love your design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So shiny and elegant, Susan! A stunning card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fab colour challenge and you incorporated the colours beautifully. Adorable image. Love all that shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the elegant card! The little chickadee is so sweet! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little chickadee...he looks quite festive done in silver! Thanks for playing with our last challenge of 2020 at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool Christmas card, Susan! The shine and sheen of silver here and there is beautiful and festive.! The little bird is so cute!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.