A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 23 April 2020

More Fuzzy Flowers and a Sparkling Star

Yesterday I posted this card using one of the two techniques I thought of for creating a card for the Less is More "Out of Focus" challenge


It was made by sprinkling brushos through a stencil and spritzing with water.  Today I am using the other technique -inking up a stamp with markers and spritzing with water.  


I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked up with Tombow markers, spritzing lightly, stamping, and repeating until I was happy with it. I trimmed the panel and added fun foam to the back.

I used the same green marker to ink up the sentiment on a background panel and added fun foam to the back of it too.



I'm also posting a Christmas card today as I want to enter the Paper Players CAS "Sparkle" challenge before it closes.

 

I have a sentiment die that says "sparkle" so had to use it!

I stamped and heat embossed the star in white, then spritzed with a gold spray for sparkly speckles and to colour in the design on the star.

I fussy cut the star, scored and folded it, and popped it up with pieces of fun foam (3 pieces layered in the centre, 2 pieces layered in each point of the star so that I could get the centre higher than the points).

With a paint brush, I splattered a tiny bit of the gold spray on the white panel, bordered it with pale gold cs, and added a die cut sentiment cut from the pale gold cs.

It sparkles more in real life but was hard to photograph.

I hope everyone is well and getting through these strange times okay.








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown wildflowers stamp, Rubber Soul sentiment
Paper - watercolour paper, linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Christmas Star
Ink - ColorBox White
Paper - white and pale gold cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - W Plus 9 "sparkle" die, white embossing powder, Heidi Swapp gold spray, foam tape


10 comments:

  1. So pretty - love your dimensional star! And the subtle sheen is a really pretty way to play with our challenge this week. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at The Paper Players! :) I love your other card, too - it's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful Susan, but I must admit the direct to stamp inking and spritzing is gorgeous. I love that loose watercolour look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watery flower garden is beautiful, Susan! I love the colors you used and you have just the right amount of water! The star is gorgeous and elegant with all that gold! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your florals are amazing, but that star really captured my attention! Just beautiful as a Christmas card...the gold shimmer is a stunning addition! I'll bet it is even prettier in real life! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, your star card is magnificent and I think it's great you found the perfect sentiment for this challenge. Love your floral card too - I always forget about using that technique and I love how yours turned out! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, both of your cards are beautiful! I especially love your sparkly star card. So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The out of focus card look so very pretty and artsy and what a classy and elegant Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your floral card is so pretty... love the colours. Your star card is beautiful... of course I love the sparkle. And congrats on HM honours at TPP. 👏🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty colors of the flowers and the watercolor look, Susan! The shade of green goes so well with the flower colors.
    Congratulations on HM at the Paper Players! The star is so gorgeous, classy, and sparkly!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colourful garden of pretty (and fuzzy) blooms Susan It's a very uplifting card. Your white and gold star is gorgeous. Love the dimension from the folds. The gold splatters are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.