A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Fuzzy Flowers

Less is More is challenging us to create something "Out of Focus".

 
That lends itself perfectly to a couple of techniques I love - sprinkling brushos through a stencil and spritzing with water, or inking up a stamp with markers and spritzing with water.  For this card, I used the first:


For info on how to do the flowers, see this video.  I love the watercoloured, out of focus look!

The panel is then cut diagonally with a small diagonal strip of the image completely removed - just wide enough for the sentiment that is stamped on the card base between the two sections. See this video for details.

The two sections are then popped up on fun foam.

I hope to come back tomorrow with another card for this challenge done with the second technique I mentioned.










Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH wildflowers stencil, purple and green brushos, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan, love the way you've cut the design for the sentiment, TFS the links, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Susan, you really nailed the colour separation :) Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful results using the Brushos and stencil, Susan! I've never got that crisp image! Beautiful colors and I love the split design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the water color look, Susan but had no nerve to ever try this. Typically I have water bleed everywhere but you did a super job of this. Never tried it with powdered ink either. This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Susan! I love your watercoloured brushos through a stencil. Very unique look with the split panels for your sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan your card is beautiful, artsy and unique and I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Susan! Love the vibrant brusho colors with a watercolor, out-of-focus look! The split panel design is awesome! Thanks for sharing Loll's tutorial video link. I may try this this weekend.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.